MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST
Our goal is to raise transformative leaders to influence change on the African Continent.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring(Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
For the 2017/2018 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level or their equivalent Resultsfrom an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement (s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back And Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply:
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
- Applications close at 17:00GMT, 12th May, 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
Please Note Well:
- There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of the process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
- The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice Chancellorare FINAL.
- Telephone numbers and email addresses provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please CONTACT the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: KNUST Website